Frequently Asked Questions
Use the Internet as a virtual salesman who will work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to find you new customers locally or nationally using SEO and/or PPC. Optimizing search engines is a science that requires expertise to target those customers.
Webs Unweaved offers 3 specific packages, each handling most business’ needs. We offer more competitive packages if your business needs it.
What is the difference between Organic SEO and Local SEO?
- Organic SEO is location neutral. It’s ideal for websites that generate revenue exclusively online or are just looking to generate awareness through a wide audience. If you’re running a national campaign, or an e-commerce campaign, this is the perfect methodology for you.
- Local SEO targets local search specifically. That means that your audience is within a few miles from your business and that your online presence is meant to drive foot traffic to an actual establishment. This is done through several methods including using geo-centric keywords, producing locally relevant content, building citations on local niches and directories, and tying up with websites in the same area.
How many geo locations does our Local SEO package target?
- Each Local SEO Package targets one location. If your business has multiple locations, you would need to buy a package for each one, unless your geo-targets all fall within a 5 mile radius.
What contributes to Local SEO?
- On-Page semantic mark-ups and Google Map API integration also help the search engines understand that a website is the virtual representation of a physical business in the location indicated in the map API and marked up in the schema address.
How are citations important for Local SEO?
- Google considers the number of citations and where they are in their ranking factor. Nonetheless, the critical part of citations is not their number but the consistency of citations. Each citation must be similar; else Google may display different data for your local business.
How do I place my business in the Google Map pack?
- Aside from the Organic and specific Local SEO factors, businesses are displayed in the Google Map pack based on the location of the business and the searcher, data in Google Maps and Google My Business and number of citations pointing to the business and its location among other things.
Do you guarantee the rankings?
- Like all the reputable SEO Companies, organic rankings are primarily influenced by the various Search Algorithms and are impossible to completely manipulate or predict. Our methodology works by leveraging as many of the proven search metrics to your advantage in order to make your business the most relevant result for a specific search query or Keyword. We aim to provide the best solutions to all our clients thus we want our clients to speak and consult with us to get a bigger picture on when you can expect the results that you want and how you can get it.
How soon do I rank?
- As a general rule, we recommend a six month period to see positive results in a campaign. How quickly you rank depends on over 200 metrics and how many are inherently present in your site from the time the project starts.
- No 6-month period will pass where no positive results are met; however, significant traffic increases are dependent on your location, keywords, site’s authority and age, and other factors.
- Inherently powerful websites can see results as quickly as 60 days. Entirely new websites may take up to 1 year to see a significant number of terms appear in the first page and the top 3 positions.
Do you cover other CMS other than WordPress?
- We are able to implement in almost any PHP based platform, technology, or anything that runs on open source technology. We are not able to implement on Microsoft technology or Microsoft powered websites because of technology incompatibility between those sites and our servers. Due to the training and experience of our staff and WordPress’ ease of use, we offer implementation of our recommendations on WordPress websites as an added value.
- Charges will apply when the optimization of your site requires development changes such as new page building outside of the WordPress CMS capability, Custom post page types in WordPress, implementation in native PHP, HTML, Drupal, Magento, Joomla and other platforms. To know if we shoulder the cost of implementation, please consult your Project Manager.
What is the difference of an on-page and off-page optimization?
- On-Page optimization is working on elements within a website that make it favorable in the eyes of a search engine such as Google. This includes providing structure for the data on your website, optimizing the content to be more Google-readable, aligning all the content of the site to be more focused on certain topics you want to rank, and inserting mark-ups and snippets that would be displayed on search engine results once your website appears.
- Off-Page optimization involves SEO activities that do not involve working with the actual website itself.
- At its core is link building which is done through different methods. This includes placing articles in relevant publications, reaching out to relevant blogs to carry articles, or building citations in powerful websites such as Yelp that point back to your site, and other activities that help increase and improve your business’ digital footprint.
What is PPC?
- Pay Per Click (or SEM – Search Engine Marketing in Google’s parlance) is a type of advertising strategy that directs traffic to your website from an ad that you paid a search engine or host website to post. It is basically the amount of money spent to get your advertisement from a search engine or website that you don’t own to be clicked.
- Types of PPC campaigns are:
– Search Adwords Campaign
– Remarketing on the Google Display Network
Who should use this package?
- Small Business who want to improve their online presence on Google and show their products to those people who are looking for them.
What does it do for my business?
- It improves your online presence on Google search and increases the chance of targeting the right customers at the right time.
Does it put my ad on the top page of Google every time?
- No, and in most cases, you wouldn’t want it to be. The Google AdWords system does not just take into account the bid price when arranging the sponsored ads. The position of any ad takes into account over one hundred different factors including your quality score, volume of clicks, and website & content relevancy, enabling Google to deliver the right results to end users and empowering smaller advertisers to compete with other advertisers who have much higher budgets. If any company or agency was to offer you top spot or guaranteed positions our advice is to run because it’s simply not possible!
Will it ensure sales and leads to our business?
- No. Just like any type of advertising, Google AdWords can never guarantee any sure sales or customers. Once your ads are posted on Google Search we can no longer control the decision of your potential customers. The most that we can do is target the right people at the right time. And the rest is upon their discretion.
Do I need to have an existing Google AdWords account?
- No. We can set up your Google AdWords account.
I already have an existing Google AdWords account. Do I still need to pay for the setup fee?
- If you have PPC campaigns that are already running and only minimal changes need to be made, the setup fee is waived. If you have an account but the campaigns still need to be setup or there are a lot of settings that need to changed, then you will need to pay for the setup fee. Please contact us for a FREE PPC Proposal and Landing Page Analysis.
Are landing pages always recommended, or can I just use my homepage?
- A great landing page is critical for any PPC campaign to be effective. People clicking on your PPC ads are more likely to have a strong purchase intent compared to general browsers, that’s why the landing page needs to be optimized to meet their expectations. We offer free landing page analysis along with our proposal, and landing page optimization & setup for an extra fee.
Why do I need PPC when I have SEO?
- Any SEO campaign done in a safe, organic way will take some time to rank. A business could utilize PPC to advertise on the search page for the same keywords while the SEO campaign is still gaining momentum.
- PPC is also useful if you want to maximize the search page. There are different businesses located on the search page. To fully maximize it, use PPC.
- Finally, while it is impossible to rank for a competitor’s brand organically, this is common practice in an AdWords campaign.
Can I do PPC without SEO?
- Yes, as PPC is not SEO dependent. It does not rely on Google search algorithms. It’s an advertising campaign that takes advantage of Google’s nature as a search engine.
- Unlike SEO, PPC will never generate free traffic because Google is ranking you based on your ad spend and not the quality of your site. SEO is an investment in the quality of your site and not just an investment in gaining organic rankings.
Can I target my competitor’s keywords?
Yes. With PPC, you can target the competitor’s keywords. Unlike with SEO, you’re limited to the keywords on your website. Targeting your competitor’s keywords is ideal for new businesses because you want to target people who are looking for the same business as yours or have the same type of service.